Note From the Editor: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! If you like this post, please come over to https://gitter.im/The_Etherian/Lobby and cover a dapp. Not our usual editor this week so layout may look different.
Weekly Update 2.26.2017-3.5.2017
- Version 0.5.1 released “Akashic Mendings”.
- More bugs fixed.
- Improved loading times.
- Still looking for Q&A contributors see here.
- Smart contract “upgradeability” feature being worked on.
- “Keythereum”library has been sent to an auditor.
- Testing suit is almost at 95% coverage.
Casper (Dev Channel) – Proof of Stake Protocol
Blog 1: Formal Methods on Some PoS Stuff. (technically last week but I missed it)
Blog 2: Minimal Slashing Conditions.
Blog 3: Safety Under Dynamic Validator Sets.
- Some links getting thrown around to help the research (specifically relating to time):
- Lots of back and forth going on about finality and the variety of ways to implement minimal slashing conditions. (Honestly it’s a lot and I don’t think I can adequately condense it, I would however recommend reading the blog posts then checking out the gitter and not vice-versa).
- Vitalik working on something called “validator set stitching.”
- Usability research completed
- Closed beta about to start. ~30 projects on the shortlist.
- Ropsten attack causing delays in testing, not much happening because of this.
FirstBlood – Decentralized E-Sports Rewards Platform
Blog 1: The Tragedy of Tresdin (Not Dev Related)
Blog 2: Some Idiot’s Guide to Zeus (Not Dev Related)
- GNT now on TuxExchange.
- Talk of the possibility of the option to use known data centers for privacy when required.
- Beta testing has begun.
- Iconomi beta demo video.
- There is a 1.5 BTC daily withdrawal limit for beta testers
- Milestone: 0.9.3 (regression week)
- Testnet behaved long enough to release 0.9.3
- Discussion about a hardware token plugged into phone for secure. In contact with Ledger.
- Enabled upload of metadata to swarm using the swarm-gateway (rather than a local swarm node). Works directly from remix.
- In the process of rewriting the entire networking layer and developing the swarm network testing suite and visualisation software
- Ropsten DDoS causing problems with beta testing.
- “We are making upgrades to our Registry smart contract which will allow you to create an on-chain attestation stating that a specific identity is kycd” – Christian Lundkvist
- Re: Ropsten issues: “Yeah it’s really unfortunate, we are looking at solutions. It’s possible we could switch to a private test network to mitigate the issue. We see it as an opportunity to harden our software” – Ashoka Finley
fdd-staging.etherisc.com to play around with a dapp on Uport!
Big thanks to Evan Van Ness for featuring us in his weekly post, please give him a subscription to his weekly email newsletter. His weekly post is the most in-depth and informative look into the ethereum ecosystem you’re going to get. Here’s a link to his site: http://www.weekinethereum.com/
@jarredchase__twitter: Swarm, Status, Colony
@truewavebreak: ICONOMI, Golem, Augur, AKASHA, Editor (2.26.2017-3.05.2017)
@MrNebbiolo: uPort, Casper, FirstBlood, Digix
Disclaimer: All information is taken from our volunteers at face value, if you have a complaint about one of our volunteers or one of our posts please contact email@example.com and we will investigate the matter.